Due to the cancellation of all passenger trains until any further announcement in order to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus, shares of Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) were locked in the lower circuit band for the eighth consecutive day on Wednesday, down 5 per cent at Rs 816 on the BSE over concerns of poor earnings.
The IRCTC, which took a hit earlier this week due to government measure, also asked people to not cancel the tickets they have booked online for those trains that have been cancelled. It also assured them that they will get a full refund automatically. Earlier, the railways had extended the time to cancel counter tickets till June 21.
The railway subsidiary, IRCTC, said in a statement that doubts have been raised regarding cancellation of e-tickets subsequent to the halting of railway passenger trains. Like many other government portals, IRCTC too uses the user’s registered mobile number to send day to day information. But what if you are someone who uses the online account for booking railway tickets and wants to update your registered mobile number on the online ticketing platform?
When you create a new account, you need your personal details like name, date of birth, email id and mobile number to fill in but sometimes a user wants to go back and update or change his/her registered mobile number. There are a lot of users who face an error message like mobile number already in use IRCTC. It is also a mandatory field since you can’t book a ticket without a valid mobile number.
This is how you can change your registered mobile number on IRCTC website:
1. Open the IRCTC application on your phone or PC.
2. Login to your account with your email id and password.
3. Tap on User Profile and select Update Profile.
4. In the next screen, you can find your registered mobile number, tap on the update button to add a new number.
5. Click on submit button and you will receive an OTP on the number you just added.
6. Enter the OTP on the website and click on the submit button.