Reliance Industries held its 2019 Annual General Meeting (AGM) in Mumbai on 12 August, Monday, where Mukesh Ambani announced the commercial launch date of its broadband service in the country.
We’re talking about the Jio Fiber, which has been available to select users for quite some time now.
Jio has been pilot-testing its wired broadband service in different pockets of the country. This service from Jio works on optical fibre technology, which promises high-speed internet with download speeds up to 1Gbps.
Key Jio Announcements from Reliance AGM 2019
- Jio Fiber broadband service launch date announced
- Consumers can avail its services from 5 September onwards
- Consumers can choose plans which has been priced between Rs 700 to Rs 10,000 per month.
- Jio Fiber annual users will get HD/4K LED TV free with set-top box
- New Jio Postpaid Plus announced with platinum-grade services
- Jio is now the second-largest telecom player in the world
- Jio partners with Microsoft for its Azure cloud services
- Jio offering Rs 1,500 per month digital services pack for Indian startups
- Jio Fiber claimed to support zero-latency multi-player online gaming
After changing the dynamics of the mobile sector in India, with its affordable data plans, Jio is expected to repeat its formula in the broadband segment also. Reports suggest, Jio Fiber plans will start from Rs 600, but for the first three months, just like its mobile data, consumers won’t have to pay a penny to its wired service.
We’ll know more about that and a lot more in few minutes from now.
The Reliance-owned telecom operator has become India’s leading player, with 340 million users on its network. This feat has been achieved in less than four years of commercial operation, surpassing Vodafone Idea Limited and Airtel….Read More>>